Long story short, there is A LOT to see in Paris- so if you only have a day or two, set your alarm, grab your camera, put on some comfy shoes and get out there bright and early! Although there is a lot to see, most of it is walk able or accessible by a hop on hop off tour. Aside from the pastries and wine <which are available all over> here are a few things to ensure are on your itinerary.
1. The Louvre- Even if you don’t have time to go in and visit the whole museum, the outside of the building and the gardens surrounding are a site to see!
2. The Eiffel Tower- This one is an obvious one but definitely worth it! The line to get up can be daunting, but even just grabbing a bottle of wine and a loaf of bread and sitting underneath is worth it.
3. Sacre Coeur/ Montmartre- If you are coming from around the Eiffel Tower area you will either need to strap on your walking shoes OR take the subway then hike the million stairs up to ground level. Sacre Coeur is a beautiful church with a killer view of the city and Montmartre is an ADORABLE area that appears to be out of a storybook!
4. Palace of Versaille- This is more of daytrip, since it is a bit removed and very large. This palace has impressive gardens and will make you feel like royalty just walking around! BYOT <Bring your own Tiara!>
5. The Love Lock Bridge/Notre Dame Church- These two sites are pretty close to each other. Before you arrive in Paris, purchase your own lock <to avoid spending a million dollars on one here> lock it on this bridge and throw the key into the Seine! Notre Dame church is beautiful, but prepare for long lines in the busy months-arrive early! <This is also very close to the Louvre>
6. The Latin Quarter- This area has a great vibe! It is close to Notre Dame, so head this way for a bite to eat and explore!
7. Luxemburg gardens- I came here in June and I felt as though I was walking through a fairytale! Bring your camera!
8. The Champs Elysse & Arc De Triomphe- Did somebody say SHOPPING? There is also the Gallery Lafayette for shopping if designer goods aren’t your thing, but this main road is worth the walk! NOTE: a lot of stores are closed SUNDAYS, which I unfortunately learned the hard way.
9. Laduree- The best macaroons of all time!
10. Disney Land Paris- OKAY so this one isn’t a must see but if you have extra time its definitely something fun to do!